How to Apply Presets in Mobile
Updated June 23, 2018
Many of our customers ask about using Luxe presets in their Lightroom mobile app, and with the recent Adobe release, this is now possible! Here’s how to do it:
1. First, make sure you have the latest update of Lightroom CC desktop (version 1.4 or later) and Lightroom mobile (version 3.3.0 or later). You can view your version by going to Lightroom CC desktop –> Help –> Updates. This will take you to your Adobe Creative Cloud console.
2. As of late June 2018, Lightroom CC desktop and mobile is still buggy, so setting up the syncing process will vary among users.
- For some, if you had previously installed presets in Lightroom CC, your presets will automatically update when you upgrade Lightroom CC.
- For others, your previously installed Lightroom CC presets may be deleted with the upgrade. In this case, you will need to import your presets again. To do this, make sure you have .xmp formatted presets (not .lrt formatted) installed in this location:
Mac Users: Users>YOUR NAME>Library>Application Support>Adobe>Camera Raw> Settings
On Mac, you may need to press ⌘ + G or shift + ⌘ + G and paste the above path into the Go To sheet, as the User Library folder may not be visible. If you continue to have difficulties finding your user Library folder, please see this article on how to find your user Library folder
Windows Users: C:>Users- [your user name] >AppData>Roaming>Adobe> Camera Raw>Settings
Some of our PC users have reported hidden user name or AppData files following the Lightroom CC desktop update. Here are directions on how to find hidden files on a PC.
Please note, your presets will already be installed in this location if you use Lightroom Classic CC version 7.3 or later.
3. Once your presets have been installed in the above location, they can be synced with Lighroom CC by first selecting the Presetsbutton and then clicking on the drop-down menu housed under the three dots. Within the drop-down menu, select Import Presets. Import the presets from the location shown above. As of June 2018, some people are reporting an inability to import folders and must instead import the individual contents of folders.
3. Once your presets are installed, double-check to make sure that Lightroom CC is synced by clicking on the cloud icon.
4. Your presets are now synced with Lightroom mobile!
5. To apply presets in Lightroom mobile, simply open a picture, select edit from the dropdown menu, and then select the presetsbutton.
Try Luxe Academy Today!
Whether you’re a beginner that’s just starting out or more intermediate to advanced looking to fine-tune your skills, Luxe Academy’s seasoned instructors will help improve your workflow and elevate the quality and outcome of your photos.